Best Time to Visit Andaman Nicobar Islands
Andaman Islands is a lovely destination and its best experienced when you are visiting here during the best months. Very heavy rainfall is witnessed during the monsoon season. If you do not love the rainy season, this could be the worst time to visit the island.
Due to heavy rainfall from June to August, the island becomes extremely wet. The beauty can’t be enjoyed that much as any other season. The waters may be choppy due to the heavy rainfall period.
The ideal time to visit the Andaman and Nicobar Islands is between Pre winter duration and Pre summer duration, i.e. [September to May]. This is when the weather is pleasant and normal, and the temperature lies between 24 degrees to 29-degree celsius.
Suppose you coincide your visit with the Andaman Islands’ Annual Tourism Festival in January. In that case, you can join the vibrant cultural festivities that displays the varied talents of the local talented artists and performers.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands waters are refreshingly warm and calm to the body from October to May, which is best suitable for water sports, adventures, and water play activities.
A typical Andaman tour packages would take at least 4-6 days. Anything less will leave you wanting to stay more and explore the unique atmospheres of the Andaman. Your travel time will take another 2-4 days. Your tour package to Andaman should be customised to select all the top places to visit in Andaman. The main places to visit is Port Blair, Havelock and Neil Island. Make sure all these amazing places are covered in your itinerary. Make sure you travel to Andaman Islands during the best period so that all its amazing activities can also be done during your period of travel.
Get to know a little about Andaman beauty and its facts!
- The term “Andaman and Nicobar Islands” are derived from the Malay language. The most common languages spoken in this Indian Union Territory is [Hindi, Bengali, English, Tamil, Telegu and Malayam]. However, the trade language is different it is known as “Andaman Creole Hindi.”
- This island is the best nesting beach for marine turtles, i.e. [Hawksbill, Green turtle and Leather black]. The Nicobar breadfruit is a rare food that is only found in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Commercial fishing has been banned around this island for 4 decades due to the common old age life cycle of the fish of this island. The marine life consists of [sailfish, turtles, sea anemones, dugongs, whales].
- In South Asia, the only active volcano is “Bareen Island”, approximately 135 km away from North East of Port Blair. It contains a 1.6 km broad crater partially filled by a cinder cone, the source of significant volcanic eruptions first recorded in 1787.
- Have you ever noticed the scenery on a₹20 note? The north bay island consists of a picturesque bay lined with greenery. The same view can be witnessed at Mount Harriet. It is the second-highest peak in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Have you ever heard about Mud Volcanoes? Baratang Island is the only place with mud volcanoes founded in March 1983 in the Nilambur Village of Baratang [India]. The mud volcanoes are formed by the emission of non-pressure pore water with natural gases, accompanied by loud explosions. This leads to creating a creamy thick mud crater at the top.
- The Andaman and Nicobar island has India’s first joint tri-service defence command with 3-star rotating commanders consisting of [Army, Navy and Airforce].
Which travel package to choose?
After comparing the packages offered through many different top-rated travel companies, one can decide based on a few factors, i.e. the number of people, the duration period, the places to visit, offseason tour, honeymoon tour, and many other personal reasons. The prices may vary based on what is their in your itinerary and what are the lovely places that one has in your itinerary.
A lot of packages are available over the internet. If you are a resident of Chennai, you can easily opt for the best packages available however the prices may fluctuate due to certain taxes or GST rates.
We have suggested visiting the place during the normal weather conditions as it is prefered more by the tourists. You can see the island anytime if you love rainy seasons, which can affect your flight durations.